Sure we can! Just check out all of the love between those games in the picture below!
Ahhh, fantastic, isn’t it?
Currently I am:
– 31 hours into Final Fantasy IV Advance and all I need to do now is beat Zemus. I’ll be doing that tomorrow. After that, I’ll continue my playing of Scurge: Hive.
– at the end of Ouendan, with only 2 or 3 songs to go. I will try to complete that this week.
– enjoying the sessions of Gears of War multiplayer I have had. I find it to be much more fun to play versus others than any other shooter I have played in recent years. I think it has a lot to do with how intimate the levels and matches are since there is only a max of 4 on 4.
– about 5-6 hours into Resistance. I enjoy the weapons a lot and I find myself getting into the story far more than I would have expected. Definitely a good, solid shooter.
– a good amount into Crackdown and have unlocked 6 achievements. That rocket launcher, the ‘Hothead’, is badass! Looking forward to playing with others in co-op soon.
– also playing Virtua Fighter 5. Started Quest mode with my main guy Lei-Fei and have begun to learn to play as El Blaze, one of the two new characters. VF5’s graphics are some of the most impressive I seen in any game yet! And of course, it plays like a dream!
I’m back with another Pick 5. This one was inspired by the same Pick 5 that hart704 did recently. It sounded interesting, so I thought I’d try to find my five worst games and post why. Note: These selections are not based on the lowest review scores, just my personal opinion.
5. Mortal Kombat: Armageddon (PS2)
The Good: Has lots of fighters to choose from. Premium Edition has UMK3.
The Bad: Extremely unbalanced. Fighting too ridgid and unrefined.
The Ugly: Gameplay hasn’t changed since the first 3D MK and it wasn’t good even then.
4. Street Fighter: Real Battle on Film (SAT)
The Good: It has ‘Street Fighter’ in the title.
The Bad: It is based on the crappy 1994 movie.
The Ugly: Sawada’s super combo. (What is it that he is actually doing?!)
3. Hexen (N64)
The Good: A decent, if unremarkable first-person shooter with a twist.
The Bad: Too much back tracking and can be confusing with where to go next. Combat not exciting.
The Ugly: Extremely boring most of the time.
2. War Gods (N64)
The Good: A somewhat interesting twist on the Mortal Kombat formula.
The Bad: It is still the MK formula, which means it plays like ass.
The Ugly: Most of the fighters are literally ugly and horribly designed.
1. Mortal Kombat II (SAT)
The Good: I suppose the controls are responsive enough.
The Bad: Clearly a port based off of the Genesis version and not so much from the Arcade version. MKII doesn’t play well today, no matter what version you are referring to.
The Ugly: Since it is based a lot on the Genesis version, it has mostly crappy graphics, sounds, music, and more. Easily the worst MKII port, ever.